Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers LLP is pleased to announce that 14 of the firm’s attorneys, representing seven practice areas, have been recognized in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. Additionally, R. Briggs Peery earned the “Lawyer of the Year” Award in Atlanta for the category of Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers.
Since it was first published in 1983, The Best Lawyers in America has become a definitive guide to legal excellence and has highlighted the top legal talent in the country. Its lists are compiled through exhaustive peer review surveys in which tens of thousands of attorneys vote on the abilities of other lawyers, and inclusion is highly credible and an honor.
“It is always an honor to have so many of our attorneys represented on this list, especially because it is based largely on the opinions of fellow attorneys,” Swift Currie Managing Partner Terry O. Brantley said. “This recognition reflects our attorneys’ commitment to providing excellent, results-driven service in any type of litigation matter our clients may face.”
The following Swift Currie attorneys were named to The Best Lawyers in America in their respective practice areas for 2019. K. Marc Barre, Jr. was recognized in Best Lawyers for the first time.
- David M. Atkinson – Litigation: Insurance
- K. Marc Barre, Jr. – Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants
- Douglas A. Bennett – Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
- Stephen L. Cotter – Insurance Law; Litigation: Insurance; Product Liability Litigation: Defendants
- Mark T. Dietrichs – Litigation: Insurance
- Mark J. Goodman – Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
- Roger E. Harris – Medical Malpractice Law: Defendants; Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants
- C. Bradford Marsh – Personal Injury Litigation: Defendants; Product Liability Litigation: Defendants; Professional Malpractice Law: Defendants
- Joseph A. Munger – Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
- M. Diane Owens – Product Liability Litigation: Defendants
- R. Briggs Peery – Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
- Robert R. Potter – Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
- John F. Sacha – Workers’ Compensation Law: Employers
- F. Lane Finch, Jr. – Insurance Law
About Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP
Based on more than 50 years of representing clients in Georgia, Alabama and throughout the country, Swift, Currie, McGhee & Hiers, LLP, has evolved into a law firm capable of handling all areas of civil law and litigation. With approximately 140 attorneys, Swift Currie possesses the resources and abilities to tackle the most complex legal problems, while at the same time, providing its clients with individualized, prompt and cost-effective service. The firm has a wealth of experience across numerous practice areas and its depth of legal talent allows the firm to tailor such strengths to individual cases. For more information, please visit